Thursday, September 29, 2005

Erik Racin'!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Look at him go! Erik's dad, Jeff, let him race the first heat of the last event of the season..... It was a gorgeous, sunny day at Moses Lake and even though we had gone through one problem after another (trailer wheels flying off, an expensive tow-truck ride, half of Moses lake being out of power, driving around to 5+ places not being able to find the right wheel bearings, buying a grinder to make it work, getting the boat into the water with 3 mins to spare.....need I go on?) we had a blast...... the most disappointing thing had to be the engine giving out on the last half of the last lap :-( After further investigation, it was determined that the boat was done for the year. I know we were all disappointed that Jeff didn't get to drive it one last time. All the more reason to get the engine in tippy-top shape for next season, right?!

Also, I didn't anticipate my adrenaline rush from watching Erik drive the boat - I was shaking trying to take pictures! I couldn't even imagine what the driver goes though! It was exciting, nerve-wracking and a very proud moment for everyone :-) Anyways, the racing season is over but overall, it's been such a blast. Jeff and Erik worked very hard on the boat this year, making it run like a champ! I can't wait for next season!

Thanks Jeff and Judy for such a fun time during hydro races and for letting me be so involved! I can't wait to see what's in store for Powerful Ju Ju next year.........

:=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home