Saturday, August 20, 2005

Summer Day at Whidbey


Erik and his dad painted the hydroplane today and it looks prett slick! I'll post pictures tomorrow when I can find good batteries. The boat is all white and now has a bright yet really rich red strip from the front, down the sponson and straight out the back. There's still a lot of work to do on the boat before they race it out in Ione in a couple weeks, but today, it was all about shiny paint :-)













And then there was the Island County Fair........There are so many colorful, interesting and slighty crazy people in the Northwest...... It was my first time at the fair and I had a blast :-) Erik and I saw the most amazing, enormous birds as we were walking in. Some wildlife organization was walking by with a hawk and a bald eagle. I never thought an eagle could get so huge..... it was so beautiful. Definitely a cool moment (and of course my camera batteries had died).

We then sat and ate good, greasy fair food, people watching and listening to some live band named Foghat. Decent music, but we did leave soon after that.

Erik and I spent the rest of the evening driving around Whidbey and then took a long stroll down a beach while the tide was coming in.

What a day........ what a perfect day.

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2005 12:30 AM, Blogger carlybish said...

FOGHAT WAS THERE?!?! THAT is FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! Foghat *alone* makes for a perfect and glorious day! Mmmhmm! That's awesome, Aims! :)

 
At August 21, 2005 3:44 PM, Blogger amyh said...

I didn't know you liked 'em! Good music, just nothing I'd really buy. Glad you're home safe and sound after what sounds like a brutal travel experience.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home