Monday, October 03, 2005

I miss my mom today......


It's amazing to me that it's been just over 6 months since she went to meet the Lord..... Sometimes it feels like 10 mins ago and I can still hear her voice comforting me - and other times it feels like 10 years ago and my memories are slipping.

It's amazing to me how differently I feel now. I was so angry and confused, trying to find answers and ways to understand why. I have accepted that I will probably never know why she had to go so soon and even though that irks me beyond beliefe, it's almost comforting knowing that I can stop searching for answers and just accept it.

It's amazing to me the instant empathy I feel towards people going through losing a loved one. A co-worker of mine is in the "waiting" stage of saying goodbye to his mother..... I hope my eyes conveyed how deeply I felt for what he's going through. The waiting is the worst, by far.

It's amazing to me that even though I am so deeply hurt from losing my mom, I can still feel so much love and hope for the people still in my life. I thank God each day for my family, my friends and my partner Erik..... without the people in my life I think I'd lose it each day.

It's just amazing.

2 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 3:53 PM, Blogger carlybish said...

:)

I miss you so much.

Thank you for sending all that stuff for Hazey Jane and me. We both really appreciate it. For both our health's sake.

Also, I got those two books today. They are in such perfect condition! They are like brand new books! I've been reading the one about how to write for magazines all day... Thank you so much for thinking of me. It really makes me feel special.

Love you!

 
At October 03, 2005 6:46 PM, Blogger amyh said...

Car...you're da best! And I'm always thinking of you......I may not email very often and I may call even less, but I find myself wondering how you are.

Thanks for reading my blog, too....

Gotta make dinner now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home