Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So I really don't believe in daily horoscopes, but....

I still look at it from time to time. Today, my horoscope didn't predict anything or tell me big money was in the stars for me.....

But it did remind me to appeciate the good in my life, as well as the bad. Here's what it said:

"Not all of the important changes in your life need to be dramatic, Hollywood-like moment of revelation. Having a major turning point or epiphany is nice, but it can be overrated. You don't need to make a splash to make a change. True growth happens slowly...... so slowly that sometimes (like now) you might not even be aware of it. Look around today - did you realize that right now, you're in one of the biggests transitional periods of your life? Let it unfold and enjoy it."

What hit me was "True growth happens slowly". I can't even count how many times I've tried to make a major lifestyle change (exercise more, clean more often, get more sleeping, etc) and failed, because I expected my life to change quickly.

I needed a reminder that even though I don't have it all figured out, I have time.

Time to evolve. Time to get it right. Time to become my authentic self.

I don't have forever, but I do have time.

;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home