Monday, October 09, 2006

The Change-Up

Shifting. Tweaking. Turning. Improving. Adjusting. That's what life is doing right now.... Just when I think I'm headed on one direction, life turns on its heel and charges in the opposite direction, paying no attention to how I feel about it. Not saying it's all bad, just saying that it's scary at times. I was expecting a fast ball and I got a breaking ball, low and inside.

I lost my job at UBuildIt. And no, I won't go into details.......it's nobody's business. But in my humble opinion, it was partly my fault and partly circumstance. I am UBuildIt's, what, 8th casuality this year? My boss and I were discussing my promotion and raise on Monday and by that Wednesday I was packing up my desk. The only thing that truly stresses me out is the money and I stressed about money when I had a job, so I'm chosing to have a sense of humor and know that if I hold onto the nice severance package I walked out of there with, I'll be alright. I'm always alright :-) And in all actuality, I am turning a job loss into an opportunity to make some big changes......

I'm going to finally finish college! I have a direction, a school, a degree and a new career in mind. More on that later though. My goal is to start winter quater in January, but we'll see how the timing of finding part-time work, financial aid and a new place to live, all right around the the holidays. Ooooo, nice segway!

I think I'm moving to the south end to be closer to Erik!!! We've always said that if we had the chance to eliminate the 40 mile, 1 way commute inbetween us, we should. I'll be in Kirkland through the end of the year and then I'll probably live in Federal Way. I've already started apartment shopping.......We're going to wait on living together for now, which feels right to both of us. Man, we'd be happy not to sit in rush hour traffic for 2 hours just to have dinner together.

So I come back to my original point. Life changes in a moment. And I'm just choosing to be as ready as I can for curve balls........ and the homeruns.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2006 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Amy! Keep your chin up. I know you are going to do great.

Keep in touch with us little people...we'll say: "I knew her way back when..."

Christi S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home