Thursday, April 27, 2006

Closeness

After my mom passed my dad gave me a few of her personal things.....which I am so, so, so grateful for. I think the items I like the most are two of her watches and I wear one of them every day. One is two-tone yellow gold and silver and the other is only silver, which is the one I normally wear since yellow gold and I don't match very well.

Well, I was putting on the two-tone one this morning and when it touched my skin, just for a brief second, I could feel her. I sensed her love and almost felt as if I was being gently hugged. No, I don't think her ghost was there actually in the room, hugging me. This was a feeling that originated much deeper within me and lasted only a fleeting moment and then was gone. It brought a tear to my eye and I remembered how much I loved her hugs......even though she would inadvertently dig her fingers into my sides and crush my chest so hard it ached :-)

I'd give up so much just for one more hug. Guess I'll have to wait until my time. Until then, I thank God that I have little moments where I feel close to her again......

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger carlybish said...

Oh wow... Reading that, I just thought of how it must feel to put on something she wore so frequently... Something that touched her skin all the time, now to be touching yours.

You carry her spirit with you.

 
At May 02, 2006 11:44 AM, Blogger George Chaney said...

I know how you feel my dad passed this past august. For brief moments you get the feeling that that person is right there looking at you. Although, the greatest feeling is when you know that is that person was right there that he/she would be looking at you and smileing because you know that they would be proud of what you are doing and the person that you are becoming. I love that!!!! It brings me so much joy that I can't help but have a great day no matter what happens.

George

 

Post a Comment

<< Home