Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Just when ya think.......

Got knocked off my feet last night while talking to my dad.....

We were making plans to get together as family next weekend for brunch and he says, "So, you're never going to guess what I've been up to." (I can practically hear the grin in his voice). He says, "I've been talking dancing lessons".

Say what?!?!?!

For anyone who knows my dad, he has both talent and interest in many things. Architecture design, woodwork, sailing, leadership, teaching, cooking, skiing..... but dancing has never been something he's ever been into.

I am so very proud of him. He's trying something completely new in his life, with enthusiasm and fun and isn't worried about what other people think.

But, I have to admit...... the thought of my dad scooting across the floor doing the Fox Trot is a GREAT image :-)

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 5:28 PM, Blogger carlybish said...

Tell me if this isn't something I should ask but I'm very curious as to what you think... You're dad is still very young. Could you see him possibly remarrying? Tell me if I'm being too forward. I know your mom just passed away last year, but I was wondering if you'd thought about it. People like your dad have so much to offer, because he's such a great man and I dunno... I'd feel bad thinking he is going to live out the rest of his days alone. I know he has you and your brothers, but there's something about the support of a spouse that God really blesses and I was wondering if you thought he would. Of course not any time soon, but in the future... You know?

 
At March 16, 2006 9:17 PM, Blogger amyh said...

Hi hon.... it's a question I'm frequently asked and it doesn't bug me at all. My dad and I have only touched on the subject of another woman, so I will try to respect his privacy as much as I can. But, with that said, I don't get the vibe my dad would remarry again, at least not ANYTIME soon. I know that female compansionship is special and can happen after losing the love of your life. If he chose to do so, of course my brothers and I would respect it - we love him too much to let that ruin any part of our relationship. It would be an enormous adjustment for all of us and I'm sure we would have our moments. But in the end, we want what's best for our dad and if that means having another female companion, that's what it means. Wow, I sound really grown up, don't I? Thank you for asking the questions that other people tip-toe around. I know people are just trying to be polite, but believe it or not, it HELPS so much to talk about my mom and my family and how we're adjusting to life without her. I love you Car....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home