Friday, October 27, 2006

Discovery

While flipping through channels, I ran across the movie The Village. I remember it being strange and creepy, but intriguing, so I settled in to watch. It still had its moments of bad acting and weird storyline twists, yet this time, I found myself listening more to the music than anything else. I ended up looking up the soundtrack on Rhapsody and when I found it, I found a mesmerizing song......It's called "The Gravel Road".

There's a sense of urgency to it that I can't explain. I stirs up all sorts of stuff in me...... tenderness, hope, conflict, faith, introspect, panic, resolution

Even now, days later, I can't stop listening to it. I can lose myself in this song. I feel empowered by it. I feel it's an expression of what I've been feeling since I lost my mom. The musical interpretation of my heart.

Amazing how one song can move so deeply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home