Tuesday, August 24, 2004

For Bob

My breath caught in my chest this morning as
I woke from a peaceful dream
Suddenly, my world was not so calm
The pounding of the rain outside my window
Matched my heart as I realized why I felt that way
A few hours from then, a friend of mine
Was saying a final goodbye to her beloved father
Tears were present even before I could glance at the clock,
As I thought of the their family
And just what they had to endure today
I promised myself that I would not let today
Just be a day of mourning
But that in my own heart, I would celebrate
What little of that man’s life that I did know
He is not my father, nor my husband, nor brother,
Not even a very close friend….
His kindness towards me lasted for only a few moments
But the impact he had on his family will never fade
So as I write this poem to embrace the heartache of
Those who were close to him
I write to remind every soul
That life is so precious
And God has us all in His hands
Never leaving us.....ever.

Even though our summer sun is gone…. in it’s place, Bob’s light will shine on
*dedicated with love to the Johanson family
and all those who were blessed to have even just one moment of Bob's touch.
May you feel the presence of God embrace you in those moments of need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home