Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Youngly Getting Older

I'm not old... I'm just shy of 23. But there are days when I feel old. I guess it was almost 2 months ago now that I was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with some kids, when I heard Donatello say, "Hey, did you steal my Mp3 player?" It caught me off guard! :) Since when did those fiesty, green warriors have Mp3 players??????

Another example: I was talking to a 11 year old and she had NO IDEA who Garfield was. All she wanted to talk about was Pokemon!! :) She's missing out on the fattest, cutest, hungriest little orange kitty that ever was.

And what topped it all off was when my new roommate, Dayna, revealed that she had the original Nintendo!!! I got the nostalgic urge and plugged it into my tv. I was HOOKED on Super Mario 3 for 2 hours! I forgot how fun crushing little mushrooms and hitting my head against bricks was! I then got stuck on World 7 (got lost) and gave up. Then......It was time for Tetris! I can't believe kids today won't experience the addicting monatony of cheesy arabian music and falling bricks....or the inability to save your game (GOD FORBID!) or the simplicity of 5 buttons on a controller instead of 10. What a sad, sad world we've become :) hehehe

But then again, I'm only 22. There's no telling what kids will be missing in 10 years.... Hell, kids in 10 years won't even know what Pokemon is :)

ANYWAYS! I'm doing thinking for the day.... Have sleep to catch....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home