Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Things that are just Wrong....

- Riding the bus the other day, I witnessed something unusual. I watched the gas prices rise right before my eyes. I thought to myself, "I wonder how bad this guy feels changing the price signs right in front of people pulling in to gas up?". Supreme Unleaded went from $2.09 to $2.19! Ick! Gas should never be that high, it's just wrong....

- I happened to glance at the brand-tag in my underwear this morning and the brand name was Peeping Tom. I know it's just a tag, but common.... couldn't they come up with something a little more intelligent?

- Blue milk. The ad targeted moms who couldn't get their kids to drink regular milk. My children will drink whatever milk is put in front of them, thank-you-very-much. I never got a choice. I ate or drank what was in front of me or I ended up hungry. Made me appreciative and respecful :)

- Sarah Michelle Gellar in yet ANOTHER scary halloween movie. It's too bad too.... "The Grudge" looks like a pretty good movie. Too bad she's in it. Hasn't Hollywood figured out that she's a horrible actress yet?

- Bulk, mass produced toilet paper. Ladies, you'll understand this one :) I mean, it's like sandpaper! I'm just waiting for Scott or MD to come out with toilet paper that feels like heaven. THAT would make them a lot of money.

- Regis Philbin recording an album. What, is having the most hours logged on TV not enough for you? Enough already!

And lastly,

- Yankee's fans throwing bottles at THEIR OWN players! Game 6 of the ALCS game vs. the Red Sox. They had to halt the game for about 10 mins and bring out police with riot gear on! I mean, common! I understand that the phrase "It's just a game" doesn't work for the players. That's how they make their living, it's how they bring home the bacon and for some of them it's a deciding factor on if they come back next year or not. But when did it change for the spectators? Don't get me wrong, I'm an active fan... I yell and stamp by feet and mutter obscenities (with the season the M's had, how could I not?) But, it think violence against the very players you "love" is just pathetic. That's my two cents :)

CONGRATS TO THE BOSTON RED SOX! :) The only team in major league history to come back from 0-3 in the championship series to force a game seven and 2, to win the championship. They were up 6 to 0 in the top of the second on a grandslam! Great game, cool for them, watched history in the making.

Time to call it a night :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home