Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Calm before the storm

Phew! It I had known that my life would be so chaotic this month, I would've gotten more sleep in August :) Funny, how life can change so quickly.....it's been an up-down-up-down-up-down and then up, down and up once again! Overall, I can't complain. Actually, I don't think anyone can complain unless they live in Florida...

Some of the negative things that have happened recently:
- lots of changes at work, which can cause anyone to be stressed. Plus, UBuildIt is getting bigger and we're experiencing growing pains. So, it's a good thing with some tough changes.

- I found out that if I wanted to change apts w/in my complex, I have to say goodbye to my 3 wonderful kitties. Not sure if I'm prepared to do that. In fact, I'm not!

- I broke my freezer trying to de-ice it :) Have a new one now, but for about a week, Dayna and I had to walk to another apt's fridge to get our food

- Upgrading my computer cost me an unexpected bundle (I had to for my online class).

- I had a crazy experience with a Metro bus driver.... he started going off on some teenage girl for putting graffiti on his bus. Well, lets just say he skipped being a little upset and went straight to enraged. We sat stopped in rush hour traffic for 15 mins while she cleaned the seat. I didn't really get involved until he was physically threatening to her and calling her nasty names. I reported him.... hope he gets fired.

BUT!!!!

There are some really positive things that happened too!
- I'm in the first week on my first college course since 2000. It's an Excel Spreadsheet class. I'm pretty stoked about being back in school :-)

- Erik gave me some really great news: he'll be graduation a week sooner than originally thought!!! So, on Dec 17th (my bday, go figure) he'll be graduating and heading out on the road back home (say some prayers, driving from NJ to WA through the midwest in the middle of winter will be challenging). So, HE'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! (I can't wait baby!)

- I had an amazing, near perfect review at work.... got a raise!!! woohoo!

- I've been working out and for the first time in a VERY long time, my size 12 dress pants are falling down when I walk! And I'm not even on a diet.... I cut out fast food and take out chineese, exercise and walk to work at least 3 days/week. I'm on a roll!

- Despite the cost, my computer is upgraded with a much larger RAM capacity.... making my life much more efficient

- I'm on track to buy a vehicle by the end of the year! Which, for those of you who know me, is a HUGE accomplishment. My savings account and I never really understood each other. But now, it's all good :)

I'm sure there's some things I'm forgetting, but that's the short of it. I'm now off to watch the Mariners to see if Ichiro can break a major league record... 3 hits to go!!!!

(by the way, to those of you who have experienced my crabiness lately, I'm truly sorry and you can expect differently in the days to come. Love you all. And to my baby.... you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. Can't wait 'till you come home! Smooches!)


1 Comments:

At October 01, 2004 3:58 PM, Blogger carlybish said...

That... is all insane. Wow, Amy. Incredible.

Don't lose the kitties! Those are our children!

Love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home