Saturday, November 06, 2004

Mmmm Mmmm Good

What a perfect day.....

I jumped on the bus and headed to downtown Kirkland today. Destination: Tan Tan Tan Salon and Spa. I bought a great package deal for their grand opening.

First, I was wrapped up in these soft, hot panels, wearing sweats and a heavy sweatshirt and got to watch season 3 of Sex in the City while sweating away all the toxins in my body. Then, after being treated to free Evian and a blueberry muffin, I was lead down the hall to sit in the most comfortable tanning bed I've ever been in. After 12 mins of that, my pampering continued with a 90 min full body massage.... the room was perfect. Dark, with mirrors all around, live ivy growing everywhere and Mendelsson playing in the back ground. My massage was glorious and painful all rolled into one. I could literally feel the tension leaving my upper neck.... wonderful, exquisite, relaxing and worth every penny. I then received a pedicure and another great foot massage. My day at the spa was over, but the fun activities didn't end there.

Even though it was gray, cold and slightly drizzling, I decided to walk around downtown and look in all the little shops. I walked through old consignment shops with way over-priced used clothes, had a great lunch at World Wraps and saw some of the most gorgeous artwork I've ever seen. I'm not an artist (I can barely draw acceptable stick figures) and I don't know anything technical about art. All I know is that art touches my somewhere deep inside. I can get lost in a beautiful landscape. It's no wonder that nice art galleries have benches in front of some pieces.

Check out www.mangelsen.com to see what I'm talking about.

Alright, I'm off to do my homework! Then to dreamland.... then up to watch the Seahawks and go shopping at Ikea with Shannon. Ahhhhh....what a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home