Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My dear friend Carly wrote on her blog about how she was walking down the street and saw Jon from Switchfoot and interrupted a conversation he was having before she even realized he was having one :-) Poor thing...... It's funny how we all turn to blubbering dummies when we come face to face w/ a celebrity we adore. That reminded me of a time I made a complete fool of myself...... (Surprised anyone? I Didn't think so).

I was working at the front desk of the Bellevue Club and some man asked me for a locker key. I asked him name and looked up at him at the same time.

He said, "um... Gates".

And I said, "First name?".

The very ordinary looking, polite and unassuming man then said, "Bill."

I stared at him a moment and then it dawned on me.

I was speaking to single richest man in the world - and I didn't recognize him. His face has been over nearly every magazine and has been plaster in the news more than Brittany Spears and I still didn't recognize him right away. I remember gathering my composure, not fall over apologizing and just give him the locker key and told him to have a wonderful evening.

I'm just glad no one was there to witness my utter cluelessness :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home