Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm Officially Welcoming Winter

I now have a Christmas tree and just finished digging out fun decorations - I am officially in the holiday mood :-) Families are making plans, I have to wear a scarf when I go outside, I'm researching Stuffed Mushroom recipes, my car takes forever to warm up...... but I'm enjoying all of it.

I am looking forward to everyone meeting at my parent's place, all under one roof. I know Christmas may be a little different this year..... we'll be missing mom every moment. But I know that she'd want all of us sit around and catch up in the living room - with the fire going and coffee in our hands, watching Calvin run around and try to guess what each present is, probably getting at least half of 'em right :-)

And to top it all off, Erik and I are going to go play in the snow this weekend for my birthday! We were planning on going snowshoeing but with this hacking cough, I'm not sure I could last very long. I am looking forward to tossing a couple snowballs at him though.....

Merry Christmas everyone!
And if you celebrate something other than Christmas, Merry (_________) to you!

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 11:39 PM, Blogger carlybish said...

Happy Birthday, m'dear! You are so lucky that you get to go play in the snow! Your family Christmas sounds a lot like my family's. Except, tack on about 8 dogs waiting to be let into the living room so as to find scraps of wrapping paper to rip to shreds. And of course, our Jewish dog, Roscoe, and his little brother Sheldon. They'll be celebrating Christmas with us this year too.

 
At December 14, 2005 7:46 AM, Blogger amyh said...

Thanks hon! And 8 dogs?! Last I though it was only like, 5. That's a whole lot of little (and big) wet feet running around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home